Oversight and day to day management of the UK Tax Compliance and Reporting for the Group's UK entities managing a team of two.
Responsibilities include management of the annual compliance processes for the UK entities including review of the tax computations, Effective Tax Rate monitoring, review and oversight of the tax reporting and disclosures, and ownership of UK Tax technical developments.
- Working in a team dealing with UK tax related matters
- Day to day oversight and management of the UK compliance cycle for all UK entities, including tax return review and timely submission, claims and elections, group matters, R&D claims, Corporate Interest Restriction, tax payments, the Group Payment Arrangement and our account balance with HMRC and any other filings required
- Review of the monthly tax provisions prepared by the team including calculating the tax accruals, as well as the management and reconciliation of the tax balances on the ledger & effective rate analysis
- Responsibility for monitoring the UK Effective Tax Rates and reporting to the US tax team on these, liaising regarding substantiations and support required
- Ownership of UK tax technical developments and their applicability to the group
- Preparation of responses to HMRC queries regarding tax issues
- Supporting the UK Head of Tax with UK tax technical developments and planning as necessary
- Responsibility for oversight of team processes, controls and monitoring and input into Senior Accounting Officer certification
- UK Accounting or UK tax qualification required or related business experience
- Demonstrate in depth experience of applying both UK general accounting and UK tax accounting concepts to day to day work.
- Knowledge and experience of managing the corporation tax compliance and reporting process for a group of entities.
- Knowledge / experience of working with US GAAP would be an advantage (detailed knowledge not required)
- Able to demonstrate experience of suggesting pragmatic solutions to problems and conclude where appropriate.
- Demonstrate experience of working to multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrate experience of working as part of a team to achieve team goals
- Demonstrate ability to manage a number of different issues and be able to manage own time appropriately.
- Demonstrate an ability to quickly understand new technical issues.
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton on 0207 429 4416 or to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.