This is an exciting Head of Tax role which will have overall responsibility for all direct tax and supporting on indirect and employment taxes for the Group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establishing a tax strategy for the group
- Working with external advisors to ensure the timely and accurate completion of the Group's global tax compliance obligations
- Preparation and review of the Group year-end and half year consolidated tax provisions for external group reporting
- Managing and improving the Group's-transfer pricing documentation and Country by Country Reporting (CBCR)
- Lead on the changes which will affect the Group as a result of upcoming tax changes.
- Prepare communication on the impact of changes in tax legislation and tax accounting for the Board and identify opportunities which will optimise tax efficiencies.
- Support acquisitions and similar transactions from a tax perspective.
- Promote tax awareness across the group and support the business with respect to all tax matters including identifying and communicating changes in tax legislation that impact the markets the Group operates in.
- Maintaining a good relationship with the various external stakeholders including tax authorities, tax advisors and statutory auditors
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Corporate tax professional
- Exposure to international tax issues
- Previous experience in industry (goods based is desirable)
- Line management experience desirable as this role will have direct reports
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships and gain stakeholder buy in
- A proactive nature - strong commercial mind-set