A rapidly expanding Online Retail and Technology business is looking to appoint their first Head of Tax!
This is a newly created role to get the tax status of the business under control, advise on the tax implications of new acquisitions and monitor international tax legislation for the impact on the business.
The successful candidate will largely be expected to create their own remit, but will be responsible for:
- Setting the Group’s global tax strategy
- Due diligence and impact reports on M&A
- Actively managing the group’s tax risk
- Ownership of the Group’s tax compliance and reporting, reviewing tax returns and ensuring timely submission
- Future line-management and team planning
- Proven in-house tax experience within a Technology, Media, eCommerce or Online business
- Ideally top/tier or Big 4 trained with an accountancy or tax qualification, candidates trained in industry will also be considered
- A good understanding of UK and International tax legislation, understanding of current US tax legislation would also be a plus
- Great communication skills to build rapport across various business units