Support Group directors and developing own portfolio of clients as the head of tax for this top 45 growing firm of accountants.
A unique opportunity to join a Top 45 growing firm of accountants.
My client is a group of local firms and behave as a larger group internally. We are looking for someone to join the central hub supporting a group of firms with Tax Advice.
· Support Group directors and developing own portfolio of clients
· Monitor Group-wide processes for the filing of annual personal tax returns, P11ds, ATEDs, etc.
o Providing technical support to partners, tax staff members and business services staff members in the following areas:
§ Main focus on tax return related matters
§ Income tax
§ Capital gains tax
§ Inheritance tax
§ R&D tax credit
§ Transfer pricing
§ Tax planning for High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI), including Trusts
§ Indirect taxes:
· Be a lead in solving client issues as a result of Brexit
· Deal with VAT related enquiries
· Update Group directors on latest developments in tax and the impact it can have on advice we provide to the clients
· Leading tax enquiries as required
o Active involvement in evolving, introducing and implementing best practice across the firm in all of the areas above.
o Keeping yourself up to date with the latest technical tax pronouncements
o Promoting and monitoring the use of Firm's Technical Tax Manuals
o Promoting the use of the firm's Technical library
o Distributing HMRC communication updates on a timely basis
· Contributing actively as a member of relevant firm and Group working committees in specialist areas:
· IT - Acquiring familiarity with and using the firm's tax software packages,
o Iris personal tax, corporation tax and document management
o Croner-I technical manuals and training
· Commercial responsibilities
o Dealing with month and quarterly billing targets
o Maintaining a high level of time prioritisation and work impetus that is compatible with fee income and expenditure
o Setting and implementing budgets for assignments in which you are personally involved. Ensuring, as far as possible that budget expectations are met and realised.
o Supporting commercial opportunities with clients yielding increased fees and recovery
o Contributing to the development and growth of the client base through good service and support of marketing initiatives.
· Contributing constructively to the firm, through example and support to senior management
· Projecting and conducting yourself as a positive and helpful role model for others including more junior members of staff.
· Encouraging and maintaining the high levels of confidentiality expected of all members of the firm.
· Running one off projects in conjunction with other Group directors
· Managing tax network in the Group
· Managing Tax Managers
Practice exposure at a manager, senior manager or head of.
Qualified or by experience
Competitive package and benefits