Outstanding, newly created EMEA Tax Manager role. Working in a small tax function this is a broad role.
This would make an ideal first move in-house for an ambitious Tax Manager.
Your new company
Global company focused on various service lines covering mobility infrastructure, fleet management and vehicle maintenance and repair.
Your new role
This position offers the opportunity for a qualified candidate to broaden and enhance their experience and knowledge across in-country international taxes, direct and indirect, as well as cross border transactions.
Reporting to the Senior Tax Manager (EMEA) the Tax Manager (EMEA) will assist in organising and managing the groups international (non-U.S.) Tax Function. This person will collaborate closely with the Tax Accounting team, providing inputs for ASC740 and FIN48 reporting requirements and alignment between our functions.
Additionally, this person will work closely with the internal tax team, service providers and operating company finance contacts to support the data collection for foreign income tax compliance processes and to help facilitate tax audits, transfer pricing and strategic tax planning initiatives.
The responsibilities will include:
- Assist with preparation of ASC740 and FIN48 reporting requirements for U.S. GAAP tax accounting.
- Assist with local Statutory Accounts
- Responsible for assisting service providers with the accurate and timely preparation of non-U.S. tax returns. Successful candidate should have experience reviewing such tax returns.
- Research and document relevant local country tax laws in support of tax return positions and tax planning.
- Apply knowledge of OECD requirements, cross-border arrangements, and income tax treaties.
- Manage and assist with tax planning strategies, projects and transactions by providing technical analysis and engaging with a cross section of functions at all levels within the group.
- Support the development of plans for the utilisation of tax attributes.
- Provide tax support to deliver efficiencies to the Group's operating structure.
- Identify and address developments in international tax law impacting the Group's organisation and operating structure.
- Effectively manage local tax controversies; work with local finance teams and in-country advisors, gather and prepare appropriate supporting documentation.
- Be a business partner to the divisions by providing oversight on issues such as employment taxes and indirect taxes and, providing day-to-day tax advice to the business units to assist with decision making.
- Assist with transfer pricing issues and planning.
- Manage the group's relationship with HMRC.
- In conjunction with the group's outsourced compliance provider, manage the UK compliance process.
- Provide other ad-hoc tax support for the UK businesses, e.g., payroll taxes, duties, VAT etc.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated problem solver who is detail-oriented and eager to grow professionally within the benefits field.
- 4 + years of post-qualified experience
- CTA and/or ACA
- Strong knowledge of UK taxation, OECD and EU initiatives and European tax law and a good understanding of international tax concepts including transfer pricing
- Good working knowledge of US/international tax interaction
- OneSource Tax Provision software and tax automation experience is preferred experience (with Alteryx or comparable tool is a plus)
- High level of demonstrated technical proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Successful working independently and as a member of a team
- Desire and ability to contribute to the continuous development and success of our team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
What you'll get in return
Excellent salary, benefits and flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.