Our Client is a large property group. In line with their plans for growth they currently seek a commercial Corporate & Employment Tax Manager to join the Finance Team in the Head Office in Alderley Edge. Reporting to the Group Tax Director, the Tax Manager will have ultimate responsibility for the compliance process across all taxes, including overseas jurisdictions, and will also be involved in numerous advisory projects.
Working as part of a supportive and talented finance team in an exciting, dynamic, and rapidly expanding company, this is a newly created role which will be incredibly varied, covering both compliance and advisory aspects. For the right candidate, the role represents a unique opportunity to get exposure to a significant amount of complex project work, as well as exposure to cross border issues, across a variety of different types of businesses.
Day to day this role involves overseeing all aspects of corporation tax, including both compliance and advisory, across the Group including internationally. To accurately prepare group corporation tax returns, research technical issues and to maximise group tax efficiency. To provide tax input into statutory audits, including consolidations and to provide robust processes around forecasting and payments.
To provide corporate tax advice on site acquisitions & developments and financing transactions, and input into projects such as international expansion/transfer pricing, corporate interest restriction rules, capital allowances. To provide ad hoc employment tax advice.
UK direct tax compliance
- Be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of all corporation tax computations and returns;
- Prepare tax disclosures for entity and consolidated statutory accounts;
- Prepare quarterly forecasts and payment advice;
- Prepare Corporate Interest Restriction calculations
- Ad hoc compliance such as DTTP filings, CT61
- Dealing with HMRC on all corporate tax correspondence
Employment tax compliance
- Assist with the collation and accuracy of the PAYE Settlement Agreement;
- Review P11D’s.
- Preparation of Short Term Visitor reports
Tax advisory projects
Support in a variety of advisory projects, including but not limited to:
- Structuring of new developments – Opco/propco structures
- Financing – equity holders
- Capital allowances
- Transfer pricing
- Corporate interest restriction planning/modelling
- Employment related securities
Overseas tax compliance
- Liaise with overseas tax advisors and ensure that all overseas corporate tax compliance obligations are met in a timely manner (currently Spain and China primarily).
- Understand the principles of tax in the overseas country and develop a relationship with advisors in that country.
- Be ACA / ATT or CTA qualified ideally within a top-10 practice
- Experience of corporate tax compliance for large complex groups,
- Experience of tax reporting within a listed group would be preferable
Would suit a corporate tax specialist who is happy to pick up some employment taxes or someone who already has experience in industry and who has experience of both taxes. Currently remote working - it is envisaged post Covid at least part of the week will be office based.