An excellent opportunity for an Expatriate or Employment Assistant Manager or Manager to move into an In-House Employment Tax and STBV Manager role within a friendly and well respected team. You will be a key member of this team and whilst being able to develop technically and gain experience be afforded flexibility and a great working environment.
My client is a household name and a has offices in every continent in the world and revenues exceeding $25 billion. They have a reputation for a collegiate attitude and value each employee's diverse experience.
The In-House Employment Tax and STBV Manager role will work on high profile projects and with senior members of the business and so the the ability to treat matters with the utmost confidentiality will be key. The work will involve working closely with other tax professionals within the team alongside the Global Mobility function that looks after long term expatriate tax issues (and returns) to deliver an efficient employment tax compliance service to the employee base whether they be static or undertaking Short Term Business Travel (STBVs).
You will join a team (directly - there is a wider team!) of 5 with this being one of 2 new expansion roles with the firm.
The scope of the role includes:
- Compliance with the new IR35 legislation effective from 6 April 2021. The individual will be responsible for working closely with the central project team and various client facing teams to ensure the firm is compliant with respect to the new legislation on a real time basis. They don't need to currently be an expert in this space but will need to want to develop their knowledge.
- Review of termination payments on ongoing basis and preparation of annual reports for submission to HMRC.
- UK Employment tax advisory to the business.
- International employment tax and social security advice to the business.
- Review of payroll compliance for both domestic and international payrolls.
- Review of travel by UK employees to other countries to identify and deal with overseas employment tax compliance (Short Term Business Visitors).
- Providing clear guidance to business, HR, Reward and other teams and following up.
- Dealing with ad hoc tax compliance projects as and when required.
- Training tax analysts and Assistant Managers and reviewing their work.
The successful candidate for this In-House Employment Tax and STBV Manager role will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
* CTA or ACA ideally.
* Minimum of 4 years' experience in dealing with UK Employment taxes or Expatriate Taxes.
* Provides persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner.
* Applies sound judgement when faced with challenging decisions.
* Demonstrates perseverance and tenacity in the face of set backs.
* Excellent project management skills.
* Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work and guides others around best work practice.
* Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
* Provides compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
* Respect for confidential information.
A Salary of between £52,000 and £63,000 + Cash Allowance + Benefits