45000 - 55000 + benefits
about 1 month ago
Georgiana Head Recruitment Limited
This in-house role is based in Leeds in the tax team of an international group. The successful applicant will assist in the management of the group’s tax charge, the minimisation of tax liabilities across the group and the management and reporting of tax risks across the group. To ensure compliance with all legislative requirements relating to corporation tax in particular in the UK and to ensure that the group’s transfer pricing policy and documentation requirements are fully complied with. This role sits in the Leeds Head Office within a UK tax team including a Head of Tax and two Senior Tax Managers and forming part of the group’s global tax team. Although currently largely a 'working from home' role, eventually as the company re-establishes office working it is expected that this role will be Leeds office based. Occasional foreign travel may be required. Day to day the role will include:
• Managing the tax affairs of UK group companies, including dealing with issues related to intra-group financing (including review and monitoring the application of the UK’s CIR rules), the group’s CFC position (with the support of the relevant Senior Manager for more complex issues), preparation of research regarding technical positions for UK entities, involvement in R&D reviews, oversight of SAO requirements, HMRC enquiries etc. To include preparation of deliverables as part of the compliance cycle e.g. technical reviews/ payments on account calculations etc.
• Managing UK tax aspects of group treasury policy including for example advising on tax impact of proposals, monitoring loans and guarantees for APA reporting requirements, reviewing appropriateness of guarantee fees and commitment fees charged to overseas entities, managing UK WHT position etc
• Assistance in the year-end tax reporting for the Group’s consolidated accounts prepared under IFRS and UK statutory entities, including review of overseas tax packs and UK tax calculations.
• Assisting the Group’s Head of Tax in the management of the Group’s corporate governance framework for tax, including management of the group’s quarterly Tax Committee meetings and preparation of related documentation and the group’s tax risk register.
• Involvement with substantial ongoing international tax issues as required from time to time, including transfer pricing, minimising tax inefficiencies, taxation of revenue, permanent establishment issues, treasury related matters, minimisation of irrecoverable VAT. This will include liaison with in-house local tax managers overseas.
• From time to time assisting in the development of the group’s transfer pricing strategy to reflect the ongoing changes and developments within the business environment, and obtaining certainty where possible by assisting in securing unilateral/bilateral APAs and entering into advance pricing discussions with revenue authorities.
• Implementation of the group’s transfer pricing policy including liaison with finance team and other business partners to ensure the preparation of robust supporting documentation for provision of cross border services and appropriate implementation of the cost plus pricing method. Preparation of key transfer pricing documentation in line with group requirements e.g. Master File, Country By Country Report etc.
Great manager level opportunity in a friendly team. This is a full time position.