Group Tax Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Group Tax Manager to join the Group Tax Team of a fast-growing international business that operates across both the financial services and technology industries.
This will be a broad-based role, with responsibilities that will vary and may relate to any tax issues that arise globally throughout the group. No two days need look the same, but time will be split between supporting, managing and improving on the Group's global tax compliance commitments and assisting with the Group's tax advisory initiatives as required.
This role will suit someone who is looking to gain exposure to commercial tax issues at a global scale, someone who is confident in challenging the status quo and is comfortable taking on new challenges. First time movers from tax professional services are encouraged to apply. It will be supported by the team's two experienced heads of tax who are looking to develop a class-leading internal tax function.
- Prepare and/or review corporation tax returns and indirect tax returns for companies within the group.
- Prepare and/or review tax disclosures and tax notes required in the statutory accounts of group entities.
- Assist with various tax calculations and compliance obligations relating to transfer pricing and withholding tax.
- Improving the Group's tax governance credentials, including reviewing current tax processes and procedures and identifying opportunities for efficiency gains and enhanced tax risk management.
- Building relationships with team members from around the globe and providing accurate and timely support for ad hoc queries as and when required.
- Support the Group Tax team in the provision of tax advice to the group for M&A activity, business restructures and other ad hoc commercial transactions.
Key skills and experience:
- Appropriate qualification - ACA/ACCA/CTA or local equivalent.
- At least 5 years' experience in tax either within a top tier professional services firm or as part of the group tax team of a global business with international operations.
- International Tax exposure would be highly desirable. This group operates in the UK and Europe, Asia Pacific and North America.
- Broad tax experience relevant to large listed multinational groups (i.e. corporate tax, indirect tax, international tax, transfer pricing, withholding tax).
- Strong people skills.
- Highly analytical with strong communication and organisational skills
- A practical and commercial approach to problem solving
Please apply and/or reach out to Kieran Moon directly on