A fast growing online retail business in Manchester have a brand new In House Indirect Tax Manager position available. This is a newly created position with a big brand business. Reporting into the Head of Finance, this role will manage the compliance of all the Indirect Tax responsibilities in all relevant jurisdictions globally.
A fast growth, big brand, online retail business in the Manchester area.
The successful In House Indirect Tax Manager will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the company is compliant with all indirect tax obligations across multiple jurisdictions.
- Managing US Sales Tax compliance, working closely with external partners to ensure accurate and timely submission of tax returns and remittances.
- Ensuring the tax requirements for existing and new jurisdictions are properly captured in financial reporting and billing systems.
- Ensuring the business can meet all e-reporting requirements
- Supporting the wider business on Customs Duty compliance and processes.
- Supporting the business in its growth plans by offering strategic, ad hoc advice as needed on all projects
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvement in tax process and controls
- Managing any external tax audits
- Managing external advisers in relation to all tax matters
- Providing training to other areas of the business
The successful In House Indirect Tax Manager will:
- Be qualified in a professional Accountancy Qualification - ACA / ATT or CTA qualified or qualified by experience in the relevant profession or HMRC
- Have significant experience in VAT accounting and financial reconciliations
- Be strong with UK/EU VAT technical knowledge and have an ability to independently problem solve commercial situations.
- Have the ability to drive change and work with others to improved processes and controls
- Be able to prioritise workload and keep to deadlines
- Be able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Have outstanding attention to detail whilst keeping in mind the bigger picture
The successful In House Indirect Tax Manager will receive:
Basic salary up to £60,000
Buy / Sell holiday scheme
Early PM finish on a Friday
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Range of other exciting benefits