You will need to be an excellent communicator and multi-tasker with exceptional organisational abilities. The icing on the cake would be if you had German Language skills.
£50,000 to £70,000 + car allowance + bens
about 2 months ago
Our client is the UK Tax Function of a major international retail group. This team is looking for a confident and methodical individual.
The Tax Function currently consist of 7 tax specialists and you will be reporting to the Head Of Tax and Senior Financial Management. Half of the team concentrates on indirect taxes and the other half concentrate on direct taxes. You will be a fundamental part of team and responsible for cross-examination of accounts, quarterly payments calculations, management of ad hoc projects and much more. This is an ideal opportunity for a proactive individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• You will own the UK VAT planning and strategy including: monitoring legislative changes and taking ownership to communicate these, planning and effecting change in the organisation to obtain the best VAT position and cash flow result
• You will oversee and monitor the tax systems to ensure proper compliance with VAT laws and reporting
• Preparation of supporting working papers including assembly of data into tax returns and quarterly payment calculations
• Interrogation of accounting systems and analysis of outputs from other departments
• As hoc consulting and advisory projects
• Liaising with internal stakeholders, information providers, external advisers and revenue authorities
• Support VAT tax compliance and implement process improvements
• ACA/ACCA/CA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course; or tax equivalent
• Basic understanding of accounting principles such as journal adjustments and GL reconciliations
• Highly experienced tax practitioner with reviewing skills and expertise in functional area
• Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
• Software skills (excel; word; PowerPoint)
• Efficient ability to interrogate accounting systems (e.g. SAP)
• Extensive experience working in industry
• Excellent interpersonal and confident communication skills
• Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
• Commitment to lifelong learning and personal development
• Ability to work independently, managing conflicting priorities with ease and efficiency
This role will be based in Wimbledon initially and from autumn 2021 in Tolworth near Surbiton. It can be worked 2 days from home 3 from the office. Includes a car allowance.