37000 - 50000
about 1 month ago
This diverse business requires VAT-related filings in a number of jurisdictions across Europe. These filings are the responsibility of the European VAT Compliance & Controllership (VAT C&C) team. The growth of this business and the complexity of VAT requirements in Europe mean that the number of filings is increasing. Technology solutions are needed to manage this increase, and a technology-focused resource is needed to help develop and implement the tax technology this organisation needs. They are therefore looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join them in a new role at the heart of the VAT C&C team. The role will specialise in providing support to the C&C team in the development and use of technology, including accounting systems and automation tools.
Responsibilities will include:
· Working with the VAT C&C team and other colleagues in Tax to identify, document and prioritise technology requirements;
· Preparing Business Requirement Documents and other documents as needed;
· Discussing and explaining requirements to other teams;
· Working with tech teams within and outside Tax to develop, test, refine and implement requirements on a timely basis;
· Maintaining, updating and further developing solutions post-implementation, in conjunction with tech teams outside Tax, as needed;
· Providing support to VAT C&C team in all aspects of technology, including for audits and other projects;
· Liaising, supporting and communicating with colleagues in, and acting as technical SME for, the VAT C&C team;
· Acting as POC between the VAT C&C team and colleagues in technical teams outside Tax (Tax Tech, Fin Tech, Tax Engine, etc).
You should be ACA/CTA/ACCA qualified with experience of working in an indirect tax or tax technology function.