The Tax Manager will primarily be focused on managing UK indirect tax matters, including compliance and advisory activities, working closely with the businesses main stakeholders and acting as point of contact for technical matters related to UK Indirect Tax, both internally and externally.
A FTSE 100 online retail organisation who are leader within their marketplace. Providing customers great service and their Partners a reliable and consistent partnership.
Having been on an incredible journey over the last 15 years, one which we are really proud of they are now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%.
The Tax Manager will be tasked with managing VAT compliance processes. You can expect your duties to comprise of VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales and VAT project and advisory related work.
The duties of the role are varied but include:
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns for UK companies
- Preparation and submission of ECSL, Intrastat dispatches and arrivals reports and VIES declarations
- Dealing with all queries relating to VAT payments
- Deal with HMRC and other international tax authority correspondence
- Advise and provide operational guidance on indirect tax implications for business activity, new product developments, and services and operations, liaising closely with various teams across the business, ensuring indirect tax risk is managed appropriately
- Review commercial contracts with a view to spotting opportunities and ensuring compliance, considering tax clauses and risks
- Act as a key member of the group tax team, assisting with tax projects and tax input into Finance and Business projects as required, by providing advice on indirect tax queries
- Monitor key new legislation, case law and tax policy developments
- Research legislation, tax authority guidance and other sources to manage the technical analysis, so as to document clear positions and deliver clear analysis and recommendations based on these.
- Review and test current Indirect Tax reporting processes, looking at systems and current best practice. Recommend and oversee improvements and controls. Support implementation teams with the rollout of new accounting systems
- Work with business and finance teams, (in particular the accounts processing teams) to provide them training and to implement policy / procedures to support compliance with legal obligations and mitigation of tax risks
- Good experience of UK VAT compliance
- Exposure to international VAT/GST regimes would be beneficial.
- Experience using financial reporting systems and proficiency in Microsoft Excel to extract analyse and reconcile data
- ACA/ CTA/ATT qualified or other relevant qualification
- Proven knowledge of current and up-coming VAT legislation
- Broad indirect tax experience across compliance and advisory within multinational in-house tax teams
A competitive salary with progression opportunities and flexible work life balance.
Valued employee who express that their people are at the heart of everything they do. With over 2500 employees globally they have an incredibly open culture.
Forward thinking and make everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.