In-house Tax Manager
This is a new role reporting to and supporting the UK Group Tax Manager.
The role is an exciting opportunity to become a key point to contact between the tax team and the corporate accounting group as well as other business groups as the group tax strategy and global reporting structure is refined. You will play a part assisting the UK head of tax to implement the global strategy.
The resulting role which is newly created is not focussed on compliance. Rather, the responsibilities will range from cross border tax planning and finance projects, structuring of acquisitions and dispositions, management of corporate tax governance, assisting with quarterly group tax reporting, researching transfer pricing and cross-functional tax issues, performing financial / economic analyses and building financial valuation models, as needed, assisting with audits / providing tax controversy support, drafting intercompany agreements to reflect group transfer pricing policies along with other exciting projects.
- A proven track record in Tax, either gained in practice at a Big 4 / Mid-Tier firm or an in-house tax team within a large business
- Professional tax or accounting qualification (ACA / CA / CTA / ACCA)
- Excellent corporate tax technical skills and an awareness of other taxes
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of different stakeholders, including Senior Management
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex tax technical topics in a straightforward manner and deliver practical advice
- Able to work on own initiative and juggle priorities
- Keen to learn new skills in a changing tax landscape
- Excellent IT skills with systems skills a plus (e.g. MS Office, Excel and Oracle)
- Attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and solve problems
Support will be given in aspects of the above that may not be part of your skillset, or a more senior tax role can be tailored for you if you have a track record of in-house tax and transfer pricing experience. We are open to hearing from you if you are looking for a change and less compliance in your role or you are part qualified and newly qualified and seeking your first in-house tax role.
Salary negotiable from £45,000 upward plus bonus and benefits.