Outstanding in-house Tax Manager opportunity to work for a large pension fund. Based in the City.
Your new role
In this newly created role you will support the Head of Tax with looking after the pension scheme's tax and finance matters in relation to all investment activity including the corporate trustee, group companies and investment entities.
- Support the investment tax and finance review process, acting as a subject matter expert and providing review, challenge and advice on all tax and finance related matters.
- Report to the Head of Tax in making recommendations on investment structures.
- Provide tax and finance transaction advice for all Private Markets (PMG) investments.
- Review tax due diligence reports, structuring reports, SPAs, LPAs and other tax documentation relevant to deals.
- Support with tax modelling work.
- Draft relevant tax forms required for each deal.
- Early involvement in structuring discussions.
- Support in providing recommendations on structures where optionality exists and advice on associated risk, ensuring that tax and finance considerations are appropriately managed.
- Draft tax slides for investment committees.
- Attendance at committee meetings, as required.
- Manage tax and financial advisers to ensure that reports, outputs and work is appropriately scoped, explained and risk assessed.
- Provide tax and finance input in relation to non PMG investments, as required.
- Stakeholder management - establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Help manage the impact assessment and financial and business change implications of changes in tax law and practice across all jurisdictions in which the group operates and invests.
- Ongoing management of existing investment structures from a tax and finance perspective.
- Support with wider finance projects/initiatives, as required.
- Support with wider tax work/projects, as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Hold a professional UK tax and accounting qualification.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Excellent business and commercial acumen with strategic thinking capability.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships at different level across the business and with external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of investment vehicles and structures, valuation methods and tax modelling.
- Deals tax experience, preferably across one or more of the following sectors: real estate, private equity, infrastructure and debt.
- Preferably, US tax experience.
- Preferably, knowledge and experience of financial systems, accounting processes and controls.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.