In-House Tax Manager
Central London - working from home and flexibility
£65,000-£85,000 + 20%+ (uncapped) bonuses + car allowance & benefits
Are you ACA/CTA qualified with demonstrable experience within insurance or asset management?
Do you have a solid skillset in reporting in US GAAP / IFRS?
Looking for an opportunity in a sizeable team with progression prospects and a broad role?
We are currently searching for this leading insurance/asset management firm for a progressive In-House Tax Manager, reporting into the regional Tax Director. The successful in-house Tax Manager will manage a portfolio of entities in numerous countries within EMEA region. They will be primarily focused on ensuring direct tax compliance and reporting obligations are met; however will also be responsible for tax authority audits, providing support to the business on a variety of technical issues and liaising with other in-house specialist tax teams such as transfer pricing or VAT.
The role is within the international tax team and would suit a self-starter who is looking for exposure to a diverse range of tax issues, with the flexibility to get involved in new areas, as desired. Additional key stakeholders will include the UK & European CFO, Country General Managers & Country Executive Team members.
- Actively manage direct tax compliance by ensuring submission of statutory tax returns in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist with quarterly US GAAP, statutory and regulatory reporting. Apply initiative in a fluid and rapidly changing environment to identify opportunities to improve process.
- Build, maintain and develop strategic relationships with key internal and external (including advisors and local tax regulatory bodies) stakeholders to support delivery of tax advice to finance and the business organisation
- Guide finance staff with their technical tax questions on variety of issues including operationalising transactions, tax accounting queries, tax payments and impact of changes in legislation.
- Co-ordinate with in-house tax specialist teams, such as VAT, employment taxes and transfer pricing, as required on matters such as tax authority audits, transactions and ad hoc queries
- Assist with SOX compliance and identify opportunities to improve internal control environment
- To provide accurate and timely support both within the tax and finance function and wider areas of the business
- Ensure best practices/policies and consistent procedures are applied in the region
The successful candidate's CV:
- ACA/CTA qualified with demonstrable experience in the financial services
- Tax accounting experience with US GAAP (ASC740) / IFRS reporting skillset
- Experience in negotiating with the tax authorities
- Bonus points: experience in insurance/asset management and European language skills
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you know anyone looking for a new role, your referral could earn you £250 Click here for more information
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing. If you or anyone you know is looking to join our growing recruitment team, speak to us today. £250 is on offer for any referrals we successfully hire.