A growing Financial Services Business based in the South Manchester area is looking for a new In House Tax Manager to join their leading finance team.
The In House Tax Manager will lead all elements of tax for the Group and maintain appropriate tax accounting arrangements, including VAT, Corporation Tax and other relevant company taxes.
This is a growing Financial Services Business based in the Greater Manchester area.
As In House Tax Manager you will be responsible for:
- Improving and managing tax control framework
- Co-ordinate the approval of the tax strategy and implement and communicate the requirements to the relevant colleagues.
- Design and implement the tax control framework and monitor and report any control failure and weaknesses including the timely submission of tax returns and managing upcoming changes to tax legislation.
- Support the annual reporting of the Group's consolidated financial statement and statutory reporting requirements, including subsidiaries.
- Liaise with external advisors to ensure the delivery of tax calculations and disclosures for external and statutory reporting.
- Assist with drafting papers for the Group FD, Audit and Risk Committee and External Auditors on the key areas of tax used within the statutory accounts.
- Proactive process and procedure improvements, through automation and effective change management.
- Provide ad hoc financial and tax information and support required by the business.
The successful In House Tax Manager will have:
- ACA / CTA or other relevant qualification.
- Excellent understanding of relevant taxation legislation.
- Understanding of risk and control assessment and the design of appropriate controls.
- Experience in preparation of tax submissions, including statutory accounts disclosures.
- Strong performance management and communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with a range of senior stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills including Excel and Word.
£60,000 - £75,000 dependent on experience
Range of other exciting benefits and genuine career progression opportunities