A growing & reputable business in Manchester city centre is looking for an In House Tax Manager to be accountable for all areas of UK Tax compliance including corporate tax, VAT and indirect tax, PAYE, employment tax and R&D tax. Utilising your tax experience you will act as a business partner, proactively working with HMRC and the management team to ensure the company maintains efficient and low risk.
This is a growing and reputable business based in Manchester city centre with an excellent finance team. They offer great flexibility and support for their staff and provide generous career progression opportunities as well.
The office is based in the heart of Manchester city centre but they will also allow some home working and flexibility for the right person for the foreseeable future.
As In House Tax Manager, you will need to:
* To act as the subject matter expert in Finance and to the wider business for all tax related matters. Overseeing the relationship with HRMC
* Proactively manage the relationship with HMRC, being the primary contact for all matters and leading the company response to any HMRC enquiries to ensuring we have a low-risk rating.
* Be responsible for the accurate recording of all tax related costs across the business.
* Ensure the correct and appropriate preparation and submission of all annual tax returns in line with the business and statutory reporting deadlines.
* Ensure the correct calculation of the Quarterly Instalments Payments across the business and ensure all other tax payments are made on time.
* Be the in-house VAT expert and to ensure the correct and appropriate recording of VAT within the businesses. Ensure appropriate processes are put in place to ensure VAT is captured at the correct rate. Ensure the VAT return(s) is(are) submitted in a timely manner on a monthly basis.
* Ensure the accurate recording of capital allowances that can be claimed by the businesses. Liaising with the relevant teams within Finance and the wider business to ensure appropriate processes are in place to capture the required information correctly.
* Complete annual capital allowance reviews to ensure the most appropriate rate is used.
* Be responsible for the review of the tax and appropriate balance sheet accounts, their preparation, accuracy and accurate resolution on a monthly basis as part of the management accounts process.
* Translate and apply tax regulations to business trading/ accounts to ensure compliance of regulations and financial efficiencies.
* Proactively manage workload to the business and statutory deadlines, updating management on a regular basis.
* Understand the requirements of each business/ specific tax costs and identify the optimum processes/governance that will support the accurate recording of tax related costs.
* Be accountable for making sound decisions regarding tax accounting adjustments.
* Be able to communicate tax changes/accounting processes clearly to secure adherence by line managers.
The successful In House Tax Manager will:
- Ideally be ACA and/or CTA qualified
- Have worked as an in-house tax professional and/or trained at a large accountancy practice
- Ideally worked in an industry / retail environment although this definitely isn't essential
£60,000 - £70,000 + £6,000 car allowance + up to 20% bonus
Flexible / home working arrangements
Excellent holiday package
Generous pension scheme
Private medical insurance
Various other benefits