Global entertainment business based in West London looking to recruit a Tax Manager. Reports to Head of Tax.
Your new role
Role and Responsibilities - Include but are not limited to:
- Oversee direct and indirect tax compliance, tax reporting and tax payments across the group and ensure compliance with all tax obligations.
- Prepare corporation tax footnotes and disclosures for and review consolidated financial statements and prepare and file the annual corporate tax return (including liaising with E&Y for tagging of financial statements).
- All tax related matters in respect of the groups opcos and Third Party licensees in the territories assigned to the role, including:
- Direct and indirect taxes, including payroll taxes
- Tax audits and investigations, including post-entry customs audits and discussion of all material audit issues with Tax Director
- Licence agreements
- Group opcos dividend planning joint with Finance department
- Prepare tax audit updates and provisions to Tax Director for inclusion in quarterly tax compliance and litigation reports, as applicable
- Keeping informed of developments in tax legislation and briefing the tax team appropriately
- Oversee entire withholding tax process (including annual preparation of certificate of residence requests for the group and submission to HMRC, maintenance of separate tracking schedule for Paramount and Universal certificates and treaty forms, submission of all three company documents to the groups opcos and 3rd Party licensees as appropriate, maintaining schedule of statutory withholding tax rates and providing updates to the Finance Department).
- Review of annual financial statements and tax returns of the groups opcos in an accurate and timely manner prior to submission to statutory body.
- Annual submission of PMI report to HMRC.
- Preparation of annual US tax return, Delaware Franchise return and FINBAR return of group business in Panama and calculation of quarterly tax instalments.
- Assist Director of Taxation with preparation of financial and other supporting data for inclusion in Transfer Pricing documentation and review of final reports.
- Respond to ad-hoc queries and assist with projects relating to the tax affairs of the group.
- Provision of technical support and advice to the group in respect of all aspects of tax, where appropriate, and researching and understanding technical matters and presenting them in a comprehensible and practical way.
- Review work of Tax Assistant to ensure all relevant deadlines met.
What you'll need to succeed
Desired skills and experience:
Accounting or tax qualified (ACCA, ACA or CTA) with at least 2-3 years' post qualification experience Experience of a Tax function in a multi-national business with significant experience (UK and International) across direct and indirect tax processes Transfer Pricing / OECD BEPS and Country by Country Reporting Organisation and time management skills
Exceptional communications skills, both written and oral Attention to detail Ability to build positive relationships with internal stakeholders, external advisors and HMRC Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work Strong and motivated team player Good IT skills - Excel/Word/Alphatax (desirable)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.