Exclusively assigned to Nebula Partners, this international business has operations in over 50 countries and employs over twenty five thousand people around the world. With a leading position in all the major markets, a steady stream of acquisitions helps to consolidate and diversify the customer base.
As UK Tax Manager, you will report to the UK & International Tax Lead and be part of a medium sized tax team. Your principal focus will be on UK tax compliance, UK tax accounting and UK employment taxes. Further responsibilities will include; dealing with HMRC queries, supporting with year end and assisting with overseas tax projects.
To succeed in this role, you will be a UK trained qualified tax professional with corporate tax experience gained at a Big 4 or top 10 professional services firm. You will be operating at Manager or Senior Manager level currently and looking for an in-house role local to home that will provide you with flexible working and predictable working patterns.
The UK Tax Manager will be responsible for:
- UK corporation tax compliance – preparation of the more complex UK corporation tax computations and returns and the review of more straight forward computations prepared by more junior members of the tax team
- Maintaining an accurate group summary of the group’s overall UK tax position and status of compliance
- Managing all UK group relief claims and other claims and elections ensuring that all time limits are met
- Arranging for the payment of all UK corporation tax payments
- Dealing with HMRC queries
- Preparing the year-end tax provisions for a number of UK businesses and reviewing the tax provisions of a number of overseas businesses in order to ensure that materially correct tax numbers are reported
- Tax accounting – supporting the central finance team with preparation of accounts provisions and tax disclosures for inclusion in UK financial statements
- Employment taxes – managing the preparation of the company’s annual PAYE Settlement Agreement and ensuring that accurate information is obtained from the UK trading businesses
- Employment taxes – managing the preparation of the annual declaration required for the Short-Term Business Visitor Agreement ensuring that an accurate return is submitted by the due date
- Employment taxes - reviewing data to be included on forms P11D and liaising with external payroll providers to ensure submission deadlines are met
- Reviewing the annual share scheme return for submission to HMRC
- Other ad hoc employment tax advice
- Provide assistance with ad-hoc queries
- ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified
- Proven UK corporate tax background
- UK trained, preferably Big 4 or top 10
- In-house experience or client secondment preferred but not essential
- Tax accounting skills, with strong Excel and Alphatax experience preferred
- Need ability to interact and communicate in plain language with a multitude of departments (Finance, M&A, HR, Legal, Operations and Treasury).
- 4 day contract with scope to work partly from home
- Double digit employer pension contribution
- Excellent bonus
- Private medical cover and life assurance
- Fast paced highly acquisitive business
- Chance to personally develop in a growing organisation
For a confidential discussion contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners:
T: +44 (0) 7539 354605