50000 - 65000
11 days ago
Georgiana Head Recruitment Limited
Our clients diverse business requires VAT filings in a number of jurisdictions across Europe. They are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic VAT Manager to join them at the heart of their European VAT compliance team. This is a well-established team based in the UK which is responsible for VAT compliance across the region as well as providing support to Tax colleagues and the wider business. The role will include accounting and VAT responsibilities including managing quality control, identifying risks and supporting internal and external audits. You will also be involved in business project launches that have a VAT compliance impact and will need project management ability, understanding of financial systems, and technical accounting awareness. You will be expected to take ownership of VAT controls and assist with compliance tasks, identify process improvement opportunities for existing process and controls, and drive positive change across the organisation. You will also be responsible for managing a small team of VAT Analysts.
Working within the current EMEA compliance team you will:
• Prepare, review and submit European VAT returns and related filings such as EC Sales Listings;
• Prepare, review and submit Intrastat returns as necessary;
• Assist with VAT registrations across various jurisdictions;
• Manage and assist with VAT compliance queries from the business;
• Review month-end VAT account reconciliations;
• Provide internal and external audit support, including data analysis;
• Liaise with, and deal with VAT compliance and audit enquiries from, tax authorities;
• Provide support to and partner with colleagues throughout the business and, in particular, accounting groups;
• Lead and participate in cross-functional projects;
• Map VAT processes and identify areas for improvement;
• Support business growth and on-boarding of new companies and entities;
• Act as people manager for the members of the team.
You should be ACA/CTA qualified with experience of working in a VAT compliance function.