Indirect Tax Adviser - Interim
A Global Bank is undertaking a review of it's partial exemption special method in the UK. The sucessful candidate will support the VAT advisory team in the delivery and day to day project management of the PESM project on a 9 month assignment.
This role will entail collaboration with key stakeholders across the International Tax, Controllers and project teams across the business.
- Reviewing the current VAT recovery process and application of the method
- Documenting project interviews including line of business interviews and other matters relevant to the project
- Ensuring correct and accurate information is being shared with both the business and third party adviser assisting on the project
- Acting as the day to day contact point between the business and the project, explaining in commercial language any requests together with their rationale and responding to queries
- Analysing the data received on the project and its related VAT impacts
- Assisting in the data modelling phase of the project to ensure data needed is amde available by the various teams involved in the projects on a timely and accurate basis
- Assisting the project manager to complete the administration aspects of the project, correctly reflecting the tasks performed as part of the project.
- Experience of UK VAT issues, preferably including partial exemption special methods or similar
- Strong project management skills
- Commercial understanding of the banking sector
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills both verbally and in written
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Good team-work skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritising skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.