Based at Regional Head Office Luton, UK with the potential for remote working
Ball Beverage Packaging EMEA is part of the Ball Corporation, the largest producer of recyclable metal cans in the world with over 100 locations and 17,500 employees. This impressive and ambitious Group is the market leader in its industry, demonstrating unprecedented business growth.
Manufacturing printed aluminium cans and can ends across 20 plants in 15 European countries, our innovative approach allows us to offer a diverse portfolio of products and added value finishes, special effects and graphics.
We are seeking to attract a European VAT focused, Indirect Tax Advisor to manage VAT compliance, support customs obligations and provide European manufacturing, supply chain and sales facilities with support and advice. Reporting to the Indirect Tax Manager, and forming part of the EMEA Regional team, your broad remit will include:
- Managing regular VAT compliance across Europe, including completing VAT returns, review and approval, VAT recovery processes, managing movement to digital VAT reporting and supporting other regulatory changes.
- Supporting and providing input into the design and implementation of a VAT control and check framework, including a European VAT reporting tool, maintaining key processes and controls.
- Managing and controlling of VAT data across Ball registrations in Europe.
- Support customs regimes and authorisations ensuring local plants understand obligations and managing customer and supplier requirements.
- Provide robust support and advice to the European business around VAT and customs compliance.
Ideally Degree educated with ACA/CIMA/ACCA or CTA qualifications, candidates must have a proven finance background with strong, demonstrable knowledge of European goods VAT, gained either in a direct manufacturing/supply or Consultancy/Accountancy/Advisory environment. Customs experience, whilst advantageous, is not essential.
An excellent communicator and problem solver, you will have a ‘hands on’ approach and a desire to learn and challenge. Your strong IT skills will include ERP experience, ideally SAP.
All applications and contact from third parties must be made via our retained Consultants – McCourt Newton. To apply, please send your CV and current salary details, to email@example.com quoting ref:03848.
‘Ball Corporation is continuously working to build a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We welcome and encourage candidates from all aspects of diversity to apply for this, and any of our advertised vacancies. Please contact McCourt Newton if you have any accessibility requirements, and we will do our best to accommodate them.’
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. If you have not been invited for interview within 7 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Closing date: 22nd January 2021.