This is an excellent opportunity for a financial services VAT specialist to join the established indirect tax team of a leading banking organisation. The role will be focused towards VAT advisory work, but will also have some responsibility for VAT compliance for EMEA activities.
The key requirement will be offering advisory support to the business across various locations, this will include:
- Provision of technical advice to the lines of business in various jurisdictions;
- Assist in review of new products and new business initiatives;
- Implementation of best practice across lines of business;
- Partial exemption methodologies;
- Brexit planning;
- Liaising with legal and accounting firms for best advice.
The ideal candidate will be CTA qualified with demonstrable VAT experience relating to the financial services sector, either gained in-house or within one of the leading accountancy firms. They will need to have excellent communication skills and a strong attention to detail. They will need to have a good understanding of UK and EU VAT law.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.