This wholly-owned subsidiary of the world’s largest natural gas provider is active in a range of commodities and markets. Commercial operations include the trading and supply of; oil, carbon and FX. Headquartered in London and employing over 1000 people in offices around the world, this dynamic business are rapidly expanding into new markets and jurisdictions.
As Indirect Tax Advisor you will take the lead on all indirect tax advisory queries and head the liaison with external advisors. This position is a commercially engaged and hands-on role which will involve taking ownership of Indirect tax related advice for the group. Furthermore, you will support the business directly and work with the wider Group Finance team and Head of Tax Advisory on international projects.
- Provision of indirect tax advice to the group’s global businesses
- Managing indirect tax risk for the group
- Providing indirect tax advice on acquisitions, disposals and restructuring
- Managing the ongoing review of the partial exemption methodology
- Assisting with indirect tax controversy issues.
- Assisting with process improvements, including VAT reporting requirements for IT systems
- Supporting the indirect tax compliance team in a review capacity.
- ADIT, ACA or CTA (or equivalent) trained
- Indirect tax experience in professional practice or a multinational company
- Energy, commodities trading or financial services industry experience desired
- Ability to proactively engage and build relationships with other departments
- Self-starter with the aptitude to think commercially
- Competitive base salary
- Uncapped bonus
- Private medical
- Non-contributory pension
- Excellent career progression
- Fast-paced working environment.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Finola Mallinson at Nebula Partners:
T: 0207 947 9576