VAT advisory and compliance with a leading infrastructure organisation.
We are currently engaged by a leading UK infrastructure business on a first time VAT hire. The VAT Specialist will cover both advisory and compliance, in addition to some customs and process development work. This will be on an initial 12 month contractual basis with high prospects of going permanent.
The role will support the Compliance Manager on all matters relating to the UK group.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Preparation of VAT returns, EC Sales Lists, Intrastat and CIS monthly returns
- Provide ad hoc VAT technical advice to the business as well as Customs and CIS as required
- Assist with Making Tax Digital preparations and domestic reverse charge preparations for April and March 2021 deadlines
- Provide support following MTD and DRC changes
- Liaise with other parts of the business to provide VAT advice
- Maintain up to date knowledge of VAT and other technical requirements
- CTA qualified preferred but not essential if have relevant experience
- Can be from either practice or industry
- Excellent technical knowledge, also understanding of Customs and CIS
- General understanding of accounting standards and practices
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Effective time management and happy to work to tight deadlines
- Advanced excel knowledge
£45,000 - £50,000. 12 months initially with potential to become permanent. Location North London.
For further information on this/the broader interim market, please give me a call for a confidential discussion on +44 7920 759470