We provide bespoke advice in all areas of taxation, helping our clients to navigate the complexities of tax codes, often in multiple jurisdictions, and to help them ensure they are fulfilling all their obligations and paying the correct amount of tax. In this way we help them to manage an area of significant financial and reputational risk and to make properly informed decisions about their tax position whether they are an individual, a business owner or a corporate organisation. We also help clients resolve any disputes they have with the tax authorities as swiftly as possible.
We cover every aspect of taxation for clients, whether on employment, corporate profits or gains, movements of individuals or businesses from one country to another, international transactions or on personal income, gains or wealth.
As an Assistant Manager/Manager within the indirect tax team you will primarily focus on advisory work, ranging from identifying opportunities to start new advisory work, building on existing client relationships or scoping out projects with the wider tax team., Your client base will be diverse, including multinational businesses, international and UK organisations, listed and private companies
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of clients as the main point of contact for indirect tax, develop your portfolio to grow your base of profitable work.
- Develop a portfolio of businesses to target, using your business development skills to start new relationships and generate new work for indirect tax and other teams.
- Work with colleagues across the firm to contribute to proposals for new work and provide technical input to tax-wide projects.
- Use opportunities to raise your profile, that of the team and the firm, for example, by speaking at events, drafting articles for publications.
- Contribute to the indirect tax leadership team with ideas on management, projects, strategy and focus.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- The position would be appropriate for a current Senior or Assistant Manager with strong technical, business development and personal skills seeking progression.
- The individual must have strong client handling skills and the ability to develop good relationships with clients and other professionals.
- Must have good interpersonal, communication and writing skills.
- Substantial experience in VAT.
- CTA qualified, part qualified or equivalent.
- The individual should have a strong interest in the technical side of VAT and should expect a high level of technical work commensurate with the role.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.