Sitting within the FTSE Top 100, this high performing multi-national has over 30,000 employees and several market leading brands in its portfolio. Born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy and now with operations in the UK, across Europe, Asia and the US, this organisation has millions of customers worldwide.
As part of this newly created role, you will be at the forefront of how the Group responds to the ‘digitisation’ of indirect tax across the globe. You will be an advisor and ambassador to the global team on all aspects of indirect tax transformation, risk management and governance.
- Assist in the proactive management of the global Indirect Tax agenda
- Lead key operational/executional projects whilst identifying opportunities to improve and simplify ways of working.
- Support the provision of technical indirect tax support and advice to Business Units, Global Functions and Diageo Business Services Centre
- Ensure all indirect tax processes are standardized, driving simplification and efficiency, improving quality to reduce errors & penalties, driving effectiveness
- Review the current processes within tax software and challenge the outputs and advise accordingly
- Develop and implement a strategy to improve the use of technology to manage and improve indirect tax compliance requirements
- Identify process and policy improvements
- Experience in indirect tax procedures including governance, compliance and related accounting and documentation
- Delivering indirect tax strategies
- Proven advisory experience of dealing with indirect tax issues
- Experience with tax process improvement and tax transformation
- Experience working with tax technology and knowledge of SAP or equivalent systems
- Significant management experience
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Tax reporting skills desirable
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Car allowance
- Exceptional pension
- Flexible working
- Team management
For a confidential discussion contact Rebecca Sheehan at Nebula Partners: