Genuine opportunity to work closely with a Head of Indirect Tax and help them drive the ITx agenda of the business forward.
- Day to day management of the process for timely delivery VAT returns including performing initial reviews of the returns to be presented to the Head of Indirect Tax for review and submission.
- Provision of indirect tax advice to other teams in the business in respect of UK and global indirect tax
- Liaison with UK and other tax authorities, in conjunction with the Head of Indirect Tax, on domestic and international indirect tax issues.
- Foster knowledge-sharing within and outside the VAT team to ensure advice is willingly sought, where required.
- Proactively deal with overseas indirect tax risks.
- Proactively adopt and embrace digitisation to drive improvements and efficiencies in VAT processes and reporting.
- Ad-hoc project work.
You will have:
- Broad and deep knowledge of VAT law, guidance and its practical
- A working knowledge of computerised accounting systems operating in a large organisation.
- A collaborative and inclusive approach to dealing with all stakeholders both inside and outside the VAT team.
- Confidence to ask questions and to use initiative especially in dealing with areas of ambiguity.
- Ability to work under pressure managing several strands of work to a coherent conclusion whilst working to deadlines.
- A proactive approach, actively identifying problems and risk areas, taking responsibility for developing and implementing a solution together with support from the Head of Indirect Tax.
- Consultative approach with the ability to influence and persuade Internal Firm's Service and wider Firm stakeholders and to manage conflicting views.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate tax-technical issues to a non-tax audience.
For more detail call 0782 567 1479