Indirect Tax Senior Manager, Leeds
Salary Range £65-£80K + car + bonus + comprehensive benefits
This firm has one of the leading Indirect Tax practices in the UK. They work as a national practice providing advice and support in all aspects of Indirect Tax (VAT, Customs Duty, Green taxes) to a broad range of business sectors including large multi-nationals, household name retailers and public sector organisations. The Indirect Tax practice is a fast-growing and dynamic business, currently with 13 partners and approximately 240 professional staff in the UK.
The firm is currently recruiting for an Associate Director / Senior Manager based in the North Regions National Markets team based in Leeds. The dedicated local team of VAT specialists working with clients across the region in sectors as diverse as retail and manufacturing, technology, professional services and the public sector. Services range from pure advisory, opportunity and compliance reviews, due diligence and preparation of reclaims to HMRC. The team collaborate closely with colleagues both in the National Indirect Tax group, other areas of Tax such as Corporate Tax, Transfer Pricing and People Services and in the wider advisory business to deliver value to the firm’s clients.
The team has a significant growth plan over the next three years and in order to support this are looking to recruit motivated individuals with a commercial edge who are seeking a real challenge.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be a key member of the North team with responsibility for:
- Providing high quality Indirect Tax advisory services on a broad range of indirect tax issues to a wide range of clients
- Leading and managing large client projects/relationships
- Delegating work to and reviewing work carried out by junior members of the team
- Maintaining, developing and ultimately managing KPMG’s strong relationships with clients
- Developing innovative solutions and opportunities for our clients
- Taking responsibility for business development initiatives
- Developing and managing members of the team from both a technical and commercial perspective
- Working closely with directors and partners who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential
Experience and Skills
This is an exciting opportunity for a CA/CTA qualified individual who would like to be part of a successful and growing team. You should be someone who:
- Takes personal personal responsibility and accountability for their work
- Is driven and committed
- Is ambitiou and motivated to grow personally
- Shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities; Identifies and pursues business opportunities
- Gives clear direction and is able to provide positive, constructive feedback
- Is willing to coach less experienced staff
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues and clients
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear; and
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients
What’s on offer
This firm offers a competitive, benchmarked basic salary and annual profit related bonus; plus generous employer pension contribution, private health insurance and life assurance, excellent holidays including additional holidays at Xmas/birthdays plus flexible benefits you can choose to suit your lifestyle where contributions are taken at payroll.
To discuss in confidence please contact email@example.com or call 0161 503 0035.
Rutherford Cross is a specialist tax and treasury recruiter serving organisations in Scotland and the North West of England. To discuss the opportunities in our portfolio or for confidential advice on your next career move please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Manchester & NW) or email@example.com (Scotland)