An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Indirect Tax Specialist to join a large, Scottish, listed company based in their Glasgow office. This role would suit an experienced VAT / Indirect tax professional; preferably who is CA / CTA qualified, with very strong tax technical knowledge, and experience of dealing with a range of indirect and environmental taxes.
You will work with the other members of the Indirect Tax Team to ensure that the business always meets its Indirect Tax obligations, and to provide tax technical support regarding all tax affairs across VAT and other indirect taxes / environmental taxes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Group’s Indirect Tax strategy
- Responsibility for Indirect tax compliance, including preparation, review and submission of VAT and other Indirect Tax returns including tax payments
- Liaison with tax advisors across all jurisdictions in relation to indirect tax issues and compliance
- Prepare indirect tax accounts and reconciliations to each other and the balance sheet
- Continue to build relationships and correspond with Tax Authorities dealing with enquiries and audits
- Provide assistance in resolution of business queries on Indirect tax
- Establish and maintain appropriate financial process routine and internal controls to ensure accuracy of Indirect Tax returns and improve operational and systems efficiency
- Advise the company on changes to indirect tax legislation
In order to be considered for the position you will need to maintain either a CA, CTA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification and will possess a good technical understanding of indirect tax gained working in-house, within the profession or for HMRC. You will have significant experience dealing with HMRC and addressing queries raised by HMRC as well as, experience analysing and interpreting tax legislation and case decisions, and then advising on the tax implications. You will also demonstrate excellent communication skills and will enjoy building rapport with key stakeholders internally and externally. The role offers excellent progression and as such would suit an ambitious individual looking to further their career within Indirect Tax.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary £40,000 - £50,000, bonus, generous holiday allowance and pension plan. The role is a full time, permanent position however the company is willing to discuss flexible working arrangements.