£46,000 to £58,000 + bens
about 1 month ago
Our client is a major retail business that is a household name. Their UK Tax Function is looking for a confident and methodical individual to join their vibrant team, and to join a fast growing UK retail business.
You will be reporting to the Head Of Tax and Senior Financial Management.
You will be a fundamental part of team concentrating on indirect taxes and responsible for cross-examination of accounts, tax return preparation, management of ad hoc projects and much more.
This is an ideal opportunity for a proactive individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• You will be a key member of the team owning UK VAT planning and strategy including monitoring legislative changes and taking ownership to communicate these, planning and effecting change in the organisation to obtain the best VAT position and cash flow result
• You will oversee and monitor the tax systems to ensure proper compliance
• Preparation of supporting working papers including assembly of data into tax returns and payment calculations
• Interrogation of accounting systems and analysis of outputs from other departments
• Ad hoc consulting and advisory projects
• Liaising with internal stakeholders, information providers, external advisers and revenue authorities
• Generally support compliance including process control design and testing.
What you will need
• ACA/ACCA training or Tax Inspector with full Technical Training course; or tax equivalent
• Good understanding of book keeping and accounting principles including journal adjustments and GL reconciliations
• Software skills (excel; word; PowerPoint)
• Efficient ability to interrogate accounting systems (e.g. SAP)
• Industry experience
• Excellent interpersonal and confident communication skills
• Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
• Commitment to lifelong learning and personal development
• Ability to work independently, managing conflicting priorities with ease and efficiency
An excellent communicator and multi-tasker with exceptional organisational abilities
German speaking ideal but not essential.
This role can currently be worked from home or from Wimbledon but in the future will be office based from Tolworth near Surbiton.