The team works with businesses from almost every sector of the economy to identify their qualifying R&D activity, quantify it and obtain the R&D incentive relief for them.
The client is one of the Big4 leading professional services firm with a huge global network and client base. They have a strong brand and solid set of values that enables them to inspire confidence in their employees and empower them to make change in the organisations they work with.
You will be required to:
- Work with the engagement team to develop claim methodologies and prepare R&D tax relief claims and Patent Box claims for submission to HMRC (manage overall client engagement, including technical and costing aspects)
- Work with the client's technical and tax teams to prepare and submit robust and eligible R&D Tax claims and Patent Box claims.
- Advise clients on tax technical issues
- Help to establish and maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients
- Manage client projects, especially the costing based elements
- Lead in progressing business development opportunities
- The ability to deal with technical and finance staff on a one to one to basis, conducting structured discussions.
- Very good project management skills and an ability to manage own workload, as well as junior members of the team.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Team player
- High level of tax technical knowledge of the UK's R&D tax incentives
- Knowledge of wider tax issues (knowledge of Patent Box legislation is a bonus)
- Experience in preparing and submitting R&D tax relief claims
- Experience in responding to HMRC enquiries
- Knowledge of different claim methodologies, especially any industry specific challenges, over a broad range of industries.
- The opportunity to work for an inclusive and empowering culture that encourages people to 'be themselves'
- Opportunity to progress career in a supportive work environment
- Chance to work on a range of exciting projects
- Competitive Salary
- Great benefits package
If you want to hear more, please contact Bethan Dennis on 020-72692236 for a confidential discussion.