The Financial Services Tax team has enjoyed significant growth over the last 3 years, and following many recent new client wins, there are even more ambitious targets for the future. The Financial Services sector is of strategic importance to the firm in the UK and globally, with sub-sectors of Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets, and Asset Management.
We are therefore looking for many new recruits, including a strong and conscientious Insurance Tax Senior Manager to add to the team in meeting its strategic targets.
Within the Financial Services Tax team, your role will be advisory focused. Day-to-day project management of complex advisory projects will be key, whilst also managing existing client relationships and pursuing new opportunities. Instead of just being given a portfolio of clients, the role includes being part of the cross service-line team helping to generate work from new and existing clients. In addition to the wider client role, the overall sector focus and thought leadership is also important.
You will work closely with the Partner and Director team to deliver a high quality tax service, supported by our wider Financial Services focused team.
Our clients include some of the largest and well-known names, together with many specialist clients in the Financial Services sector. Most clients are multi-national in some respect, and although our approach is bespoke to each client, it typically involves specialist Financial Services tax services, dealing with international issues and has overarching governance considerations.
Role & Responsibilities
- Project manage complex advisory projects, and ensure that deadlines are met;
- Build strong relationships with clients and to guide them through complex transactions;
- Maintaining a strong technical knowledge in respect of all taxes relevant to the Financial Services Insurance sub-sector;
- Sharing knowledge with all members of the team and assisting/supporting junior members of the team in their research to ensure the continuous increase in capability;
- Reviewing technical analysis prepared by more junior members of the team on new and existing legislation, including technical analysis on the impact that this may have on clients;
- Reviewing tax advisory letters, proposals, memos and reports prepared by more junior members of the team in order to produce high quality and professional tax reports which are accessible to the client;
- Lead, manage, motivate and coach more junior members of staff, working effectively to review their performance and aid their professional development;
- Liaising with intermediaries and fellow professionals (being banks, lawyers or other specialist advisors), and colleagues throughout advisory engagements;
- Help develop the business and seek new opportunities both within Mazars and externally by maintaining a strong network of contacts and referrers of work;
- Managing the internal finances for your clients, including WIP, debtors and fees.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Technically strong and be able to analyse and interpret data to provide intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues within a Financial Services setting;
- A strong technical knowledge of all taxes relevant to the Financial Services Insurance sub-sector;
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and other professionals and colleagues;
- Expected to delegate efficiently, review work and have the ability to encourage and foster development of the more junior members of the team;
- Work collaboratively with the Partner/Director team in the continued growth of the business;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- Adaptable, organised with a commercial approach;
- Ability to research complex technical issues;
- Ability to exercise judgement;
- Understanding of risk management issues and procedures;
- Ability to manage own client portfolio, ensuring recoverability and financial targets are met.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.