Your duties will include:
- Direct responsibility for the accurate and timely payment of taxes and filing of tax returns on behalf of the Marks and Spencer UK Group (including management of outsourced tax provisioning, tax computations, capital allowances and R&D activity).
- Responsibility for ensuring that a global framework is in place to support tax compliance in all non-UK territories in which M&S operates.
- Ensuring compliance with worldwide transfer pricing obligations.
- Direct responsibility for delivery of accurate external and internal tax reporting.
- Responsibility for managing the relationship with HMRC in relation to direct taxes, including negotiating the most beneficial tax treatments of transactions.
- Actively managing any disputes and litigation with HMRC and providing support on issues with overseas tax authorities (audits etc.) as required.
You will be available to start a role immediately or at short notice