A leading business in Manchester city centre is looking for an ambitious and determined VAT specialist who is keen to take their next step into an in-house role. As the Indirect Tax Manager, reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, you will join our specialist team with hands on responsibility for preparing VAT returns and a key role in providing indirect tax advice to colleagues across the business.
A leading business in Manchester city centre
Your responsibilities will include, but not be restricted to:
- Preparing and managing the delivery of indirect tax returns to HMRC
- Providing technical indirect tax advice that is both practical and accessible to non-experts
- Identifying VAT risks and opportunities and working in conjunction with other business areas to minimise the risks and take advantage of the opportunities
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- Negotiating with and influencing HMRC
- Building strong relationships across the business
- Advising on accounting system changes and the introduction of Making Tax Digital
The successful candidate will be able to start within the next two weeks and must have extensive experience working for a large business as an Indirect Tax / VAT specialist.
£500 - £600 per day.
Flexible working arrangements can be discussed.