I am working on an exciting opportunity with a Global Consumer Business, on the search for a Senior Tax Manager for a 3-6 month assignment (possibility to go permanent if desired). I'd be keen to hear from tax professionals with a broad background in direct tax compliance, tax accounting, advisory and transfer pricing as this position will be accountable for the management of the Group's direct tax affairs relating to EMEA (including UK) and TP in all aspects.
- Managing one direct report and reviewing all work prepared by the Senior Tax Analyst.
- Accountable for all aspects of UK compliance, statutory reporting and provisioning, and assisting with maintaining a strong relationship with HMRC. Preparing UK computations and returns where required.
- Working with UK and EMEA finance teams to review and manage the tax reporting processes from start to finish.
- Leading global tax consolidation and reporting. The candidate must have strong tax accounting and reporting background.
- Providing tax risk management and oversight for the UK and EMEA, identifying risks and opportunities. Monitoring legislative development and support UK and EMEA finance teams on tax queries.
- Taking ownership of the global transfer pricing calculations, audits, documentation, and periodical transfer pricing reviews to ensure the current methodology fits for purposes
- Preparing and reviewing Local Files for all relevant territories, preparing and reviewing country-by-country reporting and notifications
- Dealing with tax authority enquiries and providing audit defence for the UK and EMEA
- Supporting all advisory and transactional workstreams, e.g. R&D claims, debt financing, PE review, legal entity reduction.
- Assisting with all tax governance matters, including the SAO and Corporate Criminal Offence reviews and tax strategy matters.
- Liaison with external advisors, managing deliverable and costs.
- ACA, or CA qualified
- CTA or ADIT qualified
- Strong experience of corporation tax compliance and reporting
- Experience of international tax matters
- Commercial experience gained in Big 4/Tier A accountancy firm or Blue Chip in-house tax department