My client is a FTSE 100 leading engineering business that are looking to bring in a Tax Analyst on an interim basis to support the Senior Manager for 10 months. The successful candidate will work closely with the UK business of the Group and be responsible for ensuring that the UK corporate tax compliance requirements for the Group are met.
Day to day you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Preparation of the UK corporation tax returns, this will involve working closely with the UK businesses to collect all relevant information;
- Calculate the UK corporation tax liability for the purposes of making quarterly instalment payments;
- Assist the UK businesses to prepare the year-end and half-year tax accounting, as well as review the final UK tax numbers submitted for group reporting purposes;
- Prepare the tax disclosures for the statutory accounts of UK group companies;
- Prepare and submit the UK PAYE Settlement Agreement returns;
- Help prepare responses to any HMRC enquiries arising from UK corporation tax filings and R&D Expenditure Credit claims;
- Monitor changes to UK tax legislation to ensure that the Group remains compliant;
- Obtain UK residence certificates from HMRC as required by the UK businesses;
- Conduct an annual UK tax compliance risk review and prepare suitable documentation to allow for SAO sign-off;
- Ensure that all relevant UK corporate tax claims and elections are made within the relevant time limits;
- On an ad hoc basis, to assist the Senior Tax Manager - UK and Europe on certain compliance and planning matters;
The ideal candidate will be;
- CTA/ACA qualified with 0-2 years PQE.
- Knowledge of UK compliance work
- Knowledge of R&D claims preparation
- Be available immediately or swiftly.