International VAT Manager for a consumer focused digital services group.
The position will have an advisory focus, dealing with tax issues related to digital services. The role will have an international remit, supporting the group as new Indirect Tax legislation is introduced into its many international markets. Working closely with the Indirect Tax Director, and other members of the tax team, this role will require a highly commercial and technical VAT specialist capable of stepping outside their comfort zone.
On offer will be an exceptional salary package working in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Advise business units on global Indirect Tax issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all commercial and corporate operations.
- Oversight of both internal and outsourced compliance process across global jurisdictions.
- Conduct risk and control analysis for indirect tax processes and identify areas where controls can be enhanced.
- Formulate and drive wider VAT/Indirect Tax strategy of the group.
- Represent the business, taking the lead on engagements and negotiations with external advisors, government bodies, tax authorities, and auditors.
- Provide ad hoc support to other tax team members where required.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Previous international VAT experience is beneficial, as is prior digital services experience.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion on +44 20 7429 4480.