An international law firm headquartered in the UK is now looking to recruit an International Tax Consultant.
Your new company
An international law firm headquartered in the UK.
Your new role
As an International Tax Consultant you will be responsible for the management of the international tax compliance affairs of both the LLP and and the individual partners, for around half of the territories in which the group operates on both an accurate and timely basis (including accounting for tax reserves and tax payments).
You will also be involved in ad hoc international tax projects such as tax equalisation schemes, transfer pricing,
deferred tax calculations, and structure related modelling.
- Liaising with international offices and external advisers to provide data for completion of tax returns for the LLP
and individual partners and subsequent review of returns, ensuring all filing deadlines are met.
- Attending meetings with global finance managers and external advisers as necessary - some international
travel will be required.
- Involvement in annual budgeting process including tax equalisation and cash flow calculations.
- Advising individual partners on their non UK tax affairs.
- Handling internal and client withholding tax queries & liaising with global finance teams.
- Preparing Double Tax Relief (DTR) calculations for annual UK tax return filings for individual partners.
- Advising on ad-hoc structuring projects/new office setups.
- Liaising with finance teams globally to reconcile and ensure accurate posting of international tax
- Involvement in year end work processes, including setup of international tax reserves, tax equalisation
calculations, accounts disclosure and account reconciliations.
- Ongoing management of individual partner international tax reserves including foreign currency aspects,
reconciliation and subsequent clearout.
- Involvement in other ad-hoc projects as
What you'll need to succeed
Graduate or A level calibre.
Qualified accountant (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA etc.)/CTA.