Global Asset Manager - looking to recruit an International Tax Manager for its 4 person tax team in the City.
Your new role
In this role you will take the lead on providing an efficient and robust tax advisory and compliance environment both in EMEA and to the US parent, as well as liaison with auditors.
The role is part of a 4-person tax team based in London. Ideally you have previous experience working within the Asset Management industry or have an understanding of the multi-jurisdictional tax reporting regime with multiple statutory requirements.
You will have an opportunity to be involved in various tax projects and gain greater exposure to wider international tax issues.
- Preparation and review of accounting provision information for accounting and reporting purposes, and a touch point for the broader finance team ensuring that the tax position is accurately recorded in the accounts of the EMEA entities.
- Facilitating and ensuring that direct tax compliance, including reporting is maintained for the EMEA group.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of Transfer Pricing arrangements across the group and ensure that the group Transfer Pricing policies are adhered to and that reporting and analysis accurately reflects the underlying business agreements and needs.
- Provide tax consulting advice on significant M&A transactions and business restructures. Acting as SME to project team as required.
- Proactively identify tax risks for the business and work with advisors and stakeholders to ensure changes in tax law and regulations are complied with.
- Support HR/Payroll with ad hoc employment tax queries.
- Preparation and review of VAT returns and related compliance, as well as providing advice and explaining implications of potential decisions as required to the wider business on VAT treatment across the UK, EMEA and Asia.
- Support key business initiatives, communicate financial impact of taxes in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Manage relationships with tax authorities and advisors.
- Liaison with external auditors as required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified tax professional with relevant experience.
- Accounting or tax background, experience in cross-border intercomapny transaction and international tax matters in both tax consulting and compliance.
- An understanding of BEPS, ATAD and MDR to mitigate adverse tax consequences to the group.
- Use of OneSource, Longview systems preferable.
- Confidence to communicate effectively and build relationships with colleagues, advisors and auditors.
- The ability to operate independently in a fast-paced working environment, work closely and proactively within the tax team and numerous functional teams across the organisation.
- An interest in developing expertise in all tax related matters applying across the UK and other jurisdictions in which the business operates.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.