International Tax Manager
Due to the exceptional growth experienced, this Global Bank is going through the process of creating a subsidiary to continue their UK activities. They are therefore looking to hire a talented International Tax Manager with breadth and depth of experience operating in a UK subsidiary.
The role will report into the Head of Tax in the US and will have responsibility for all corporate tax and indirect tax within the region including the current UK branch and multiple International subsidiaries as well as supporting their exciting expansion plans within Europe.
The successful candidate will oversee all corporate tax and indirect tax for EMEA and will:
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly and annual foreign tax provision and foreign tax account reconciliations under US GAAP Guidance and local statutory reporting rules.
- Prepare and/or review monthly, quarterly and annual income and non-income tax, estimated payments and tax returns for our EMEA operations.
- Manage and/or assist with tax planning/strategy, projects/transactions, regulatory developments and legislative analysis depending on the circumstances and skill set required.
- Manage and review on a variety of foreign country tax matters, including but not limited to foreign income and non-income tax audits, document requests from foreign offices, BEPS related requirements and compliance, etc.
- Provide FATCA/CRS technical advice and provide guidance on effective operational process and documentation.
- Seek continuous improvement around tax process, tax reporting/compliance, documentation and tax controls to optimise the banks resources.
- Serve as an active and valued business partner in regard to all corporate tax matters.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in developing goals and action steps that will meet specific objectives.
- Identify changes to tax laws that impact the business and communicate them to management
- The individual may also undertake support strategic projects which may require a level of travel through EMEA and the US.
- Appropriate professional qualification (ACA/CTA or local equivalent).
- Extensive corporate tax experience, preferably with a professional services firm and/or Global in-house firm.
- Strong tax technical skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills with an ability to influence, engage and explain to both senior and junior colleagues within the organisation.
- Highly motivated individual with ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of FACTA/CRS desirable.
- Action oriented and takes initiative, able to work independently with limited general supervision, effectively prioritise and maintain focused, and contribute to multiple projects across a number of areas.
- Proven International exposure, in particular EMEA.
Please apply or reach out to Kieran Moon at Pure Search directly for a confidential discussion.