International Tech business requires an International Tax Manager on a 12 month contract.
A leading international Tech organisation is expanding their finance function with the addition of an International Tax Manager on a 12 month assignment. The finance function is expanding by contracting numerous consultants to quickly absorb 'business as usual' activity whilst existing staff dedicate their time to a recent acquisition.
- Primary Day-to-Day: Under the direction of a UK-based consultant, who has been with the project for its first 9 months of integration;
- Subject Matter BAU Lead: Tax Director (based in Romania).
Given the nature of companies operation and integration priorities it is also key that members of this team be able to:
- have the capacity to quickly learn and step into existing BAU business processes;
- move well across stakeholders in other departments;
- have the capacity to anticipate needs and problem solve with team leadership based on prior similar experience; and
- be able to help keep the team organized within an atmosphere of change.
The following are the core areas of activity that will result in achieving back-fill and project level support for Tax activity:
- Manage the group international tax compliance calendar and support the timely preparation and submission of statutory financial statements, CIT returns and VAT filings
- Provide support during the required group or statutory audits for subsidiaries
- Manage and support the development and implementation of new or revised intercompany and transfer pricing frameworks and intercompany transactions/invoicing processes
- Liaise with the Accounting Team members for offering support on various tax specific requirements in each jurisdiction (e.g. regional tax inquiries)
- Liaise and work closely with Accounting, Finance, Legal and Tax on a range of tax projects
- Proactively analyze and update the Tax team on changes in international tax legislation and proactively make recommendations based on new developments (e.g. changes in VAT/CIT rates, treatment of deductible and non-deductible expenses, tax reforms, withholding tax, OECD developments, etc.
- Researching international tax issues - working with outside advisors as necessary.
- Providing relevant tax guidance and building relationships/understanding with the business
- Assess and communicate how existing and future tax laws and regulations can potentially impact the business.
- Assist with managing relationships with outside tax advisors and regulatory authorities on an ongoing basis.
- Professional tax or accounting qualification (e.g. CA, ACA, ADIT, CTA or similar).
- 5+ years of international corporate tax experience with a public accounting firm, and/or in industry, preferably a multinational corporation.
- Significant experience in Canadian and international taxation concepts, with an understanding or practical experience with US GAAP, OECD transfer pricing regulations and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements
- £500 per day via an Umbrella company or £425 PAYE. The assignment duration will be 12 months.