Within this FTSE 100 group, you will be a part of a very high performing and high calibre tax team, reporting into the Head of International Tax. You will be responsible for taking a lead role in international tax advisory work in the Group Tax function to maintain an efficient corporate structure. This role will also take an active role in the tax considerations for potential M&A transactions.
Reponsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Leading the international tax considerations for Group-wide business initiatives and cross-border projects.
- Planning and analysis for corporate structuring projects including financing and management considerations.
- Identify Group structure simplification opportunities including legal entity rationalisation.
- Monitoring cross-border tax issues and leading any mitigation actions including effective management of any potential corporate residency and permanent establishment risks.
- Lead tax advisory work across the Group including liaising with our advisors to resolve tax issues and coordinate defence strategies in the countries concerned.
- Oversight of the tax considerations for M&A transactions.
- Liaising with Legal, Treasury, Company Secretarial and Group Reporting teams regarding the tax impact of proposed transactions.
- Provide support to the Head of Transfer Pricing in respect of the transfer pricing considerations of Group initiatives.
You will have:
- Strong International tax experience gained from working for 7 years or more in an advisory firm and / or within a large multinational business, with a recognised professional tax and / or accounting qualification.
- Technically up to date and aware of industry and legislative changes.
- Transfer pricing experience beneficial but not essential.
- Strong project management skills, able to drive and implement projects to successful conclusions including associated organisational change.
- Self-motivated and passionate individual with high energy and a proven ability to work to deadlines.
- Experience of working in a complex environment across multiple teams.
- Effective leadership and influencing skills with an ability to develop and build positive relationships across all levels of the organisation including with senior stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written.