We are currently recruiting for a leading global insurer who are seeking an experienced International Tax Manager to join their team.
- Managing the quarterly and annual reporting process for the region (US GAAP reporting).
- Ensuring that tax provisions and prior year adjustments are booked appropriately and on time.
- Take ownership for the reconciliation of the balance sheet's corporate tax accounts including reconciliation of deferred tax assets & liabilities and calculation of valuation allowances.
- Preparation of notes to include in the group accounts.
- Managing cash forecast.
- Managing preparation of annual audit files.
- Preparation of quarterly Finance executive presentations.
- Preparation/coordination of quarterly reporting memorandum (this is a document which includes a summary of required provisions, highlights areas of risk/or concerns and provides a status update on tax enquiries in the region).
- Onesource implementation
- Work alongside the US team for the implementation of the Onesource reporting software which went live in Q1 2021.
Corporate tax compliance
- The corporate tax compliance encompasses the firms' Run off business (Life and non-Life), the firms' general insurance business as well as the syndicate business (Corporate names, managing agent and Syndicates). Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Managing the process and ensuring that all the UK, European and APAC Corporate tax returns are submitted on time (circa 60/ annum).
- Review of the tax UK computations prepared by the assistant Tax Manager.
- Ensure that the European tax compliance is prepared, reviewed and submitted adequately.
- Liaise with HMRC, deal with correspondence and queries.
- Liaise with overseas advisors as and when required.
- Ensuring that all corporate tax payments are made on time.
Restructuring and M&A
- Assist group with strategic review of corporation tax profile.
- Review intercompany restructuring plans and assess for UK and EU tax impacts.
- Provide support to the M&A team for due diligence work as and when required.
- Ensure adherence to Group Tax Policies and Group Tax Risk Policy
- Ensue SAO process and documentation are robust.
- Supervise and develop assistant managers
- Liaise with external advisors where required.
- Liaise with the US tax team and the business for WHT certificates and FATCA compliance matters.
- Manage tax audits in the region with the support of external advisors.
- Monitor legislative changes which impact the company
Please apply as soon as possible for immediate consideration.