International Tax Manager
c£90,000 per annum plus benefits
The International Tax Manager will report to the Head of Tax, Europe and be responsible for managing the reporting and compliance for the UK, European and APAC region as well as providing advisory support to the business. The candidate should be an experienced manager stepping into a Senior Manager role.
- Managing the quarterly and annual reporting process for the region (US GAAP reporting).
- Ensuring that tax provisions and prior year adjustments are booked accurately and on time.
- Take ownership of the reconciliation of the balance sheets corporate tax accounts including reconciliation of deferred tax assets & liabilities and calculation of valuation allowances.
- Preparation of notes to include in the group accounts.
- Managing cash forecast.
- Preparation of the quarterly UTP and Valuation Allowance memos.
- Managing preparation of quarterly/year end support files for the external auditor.
- Input into the preparation of quarterly Board presentations.
Corporate tax compliance
The corporate tax compliance encompasses the firm's run-off business, the firm general insurance business as well as the syndicate business (corporate names, managing agent and syndicate). Responsibilities include but aren't limited to:
- Managing the compliance process ensuring that all the UK, European and APAC corporate tax returns are submitted on time (circa 40 per annum).
- Review of the UK tax computations prepared by the Assistant Tax Managers and preparation of one complex tax return.
- Ensure that the European tax compliance is prepared, reviewed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that all corporate tax payments are made on time.
- Liaise with HMRC, to resolve queries and maintain a good working relationship.
Advisory support to the business
- Manage tax audits in the region with the support of internal resources and/or external advisors.
- Review intercompany restructuring plans and assess for UK and EU tax impacts.
- Provide support to the M&A team for due diligence work as and when required.
- Liaise with external advisors where required.
- Ensure adherence to Group Tax Policies and Group Tax Risk Policy
- Ensure SAO process and documentation are robust.
- Supervise and develop Assistant Tax Managers.
- Liaise with the US tax team and the business for WHT certificates and FATCA compliance matters.
- Monitor legislative changes which may impact the firm.
- Work with the US team to ensure the smooth integration of the Onesource reporting software implemented in Q1 2021.
- Proven experience of US GAAP.
- Good knowledge of UK GAAP and UK statutory reporting requirements.
- Very good technical knowledge of UK Corporation Tax and a good understanding/awareness of international tax issues.
- Experience of Alpha Tax software.
- Experience of OneSource reporting tool.
- Previous experience in a similar Tax / role in Industry including the Lloyd's insurance market.
- European Tax compliance experience.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered.