International VAT Manager - Digital Services
VAT Manager for a fast paced digital services group
The position will have an advisory focus, dealing with tax issues related to digital services, with some compliance oversight. The role will have an international remit, supporting the Head of Indirect Tax and will be a commercial and technical VAT specialist capable of stepping outside their comfort zone.
- Advise business units on global Indirect Tax issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all commercial and corporate operations
- Supervise and actively manage the accurate compliance and delivery of VAT reporting for all UK subsidiaries in UK, EU and other countries where the company has a presence
- Oversee and support the Tax Analyst on the tax compliance tracker, ensuring it is kept up to date and that all tax compliance deadlines are met
- Oversee the delivery of Sales Tax registration, Voluntary Disclosures and support on Sales Tax returns in the USA for the business's UK entities
- Conduct risk and control analysis for indirect tax processes and identify areas where controls can be enhanced or created
- Formulate and drive wider VAT/Indirect Tax strategy of the group
- Represent the business, taking the lead on engagements and negotiations with external advisors, government bodies, tax authorities, and auditors.
- Provide ad hoc support to other tax team members and the wider business where required
- Opportunity to get involved with special projects
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Sales tax knowledge a bonus
- Previous international VAT experience is beneficial, as is prior digital services experience.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
£65,000 - £75,000 - 6 months possibly longer - flexible working
The next step
Please contact Rebecca McKerral for a confidential discussion