Who we are looking for
PwC's Tax Investment Management team are looking to recruit a Senior Manager into our private equity team.
We are looking for a person with strong compliance and advisory focused tax experience to join the team based in London to work in our private equity tax business.
The role offers the opportunity to develop your skills, drive your ambition and build key relationships with our senior stakeholders.
About the role
Our market leading Investment Management tax team is a key component of our London Financial Services (FS) Tax practice and has grown rapidly over the past few years. The IM team advises clients across the asset management sector, including mainstream investment managers, private equity houses, hedge fund managers, and infrastructure fund managers. We offer our clients a range of tax compliance and tax structuring solutions for both fund and management groups. Within our Investment Management Team one of our core businesses is the provision of tax advisory and compliance services to Private Equity Managers.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a fast growing team, with specialists across taxes and fund tax reporting. Your principal focus will be Private Equity tax reporting and structuring services but will also include other relevant ad-hoc services that we provide to our clients. There may also be opportunities to work with other parts of the IM team.
The main work of our Private Equity tax team consists of helping our clients to navigate the increasingly complex legislative landscape for their partners, and carried interest and coinvestment executives, as well as assisting them to meet their reporting obligations to HMRC and investors. A good understanding of our clients’ fund structures and investment strategies is essential in helping them to meet these requirements. This also opens up opportunities to identify & help them with broader issues that may impact their funds or the manager group. A lot of our clients are situated globally and are impacted by a number of different jurisdictions and regulatory requirements including the UK, the US, and more. We are continuously seeking new opportunities and new clients and our people find themselves continuously challenged to act as business as well as technical tax advisors.
The investment management industry is a dynamic industry facing unprecedented legal, regulatory and tax challenges. The next few years will give rise to a range of exciting and interesting opportunities for professionals working in this sector. Joining this team will provide you with a unique opportunity to deal with these challenges first-hand, providing you with excellent experience and scope for self-development.
As a Senior Manager within the team focussing on Private Equity funds, you will be responsible for the delivery of services to your portfolio of clients and assisting the wider private equity team in the ongoing development of the business. Typically, we would expect you to operate across a range of clients. This is a specialised tax role with delivery deadlines throughout the year. The role will require strong numerical analytics skills as well as a good working knowledge of excel. Our broad client base incorporates a wide range of clients, from UK headquartered mid-market managers investing predominantly in UK businesses, through to US headquartered Large Buy Out houses who have UK advisory operations, and both UK and US investors. We would look for you to work closely with these clients and part of your time will involve interacting with our global network of investment management specialists.
- The successful candidate will be experienced in delivering tax compliance and advisory services including for investment partnerships and carry partnerships.
- Experience of fund structuring and reporting, advising on carried interest and DIMF issues.
- A professional services background with experience of working across a portfolio of clients while actively seeking new learning opportunities to stay technically up to date building on their knowledge of the firm’s service offerings
- A track record of delivering quality work for clients; demonstrating an understanding of the client's business and relevant professional standards and maintaining excellent client relationships
- An ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines, managing client expectations and team work schedules
- A track record of providing meaningful feedback to coach, mentor, and help others improve and take ownership of their personal development
- An ability to take advantage of new opportunities for learning, sharing new knowledge; being intellectually agile and able to think creatively
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direction within a team, a positive enthusiastic manner
- A proven ability to use the provision of compliance services as an opportunity to identify further relevant issues and identify new opportunities
- Ability to work closely with the Partners and Directors in building all aspects of our business.
- ACA / ACCA / CTA qualified or equivalent
- Good understanding of PE fund structures and broad knowledge of PE market
- Creative problem solving including ability to identify, recommend and implement solutions using multiple sources of information for tax related client issues
- Good risk awareness skills in challenging, interrogating and interpreting data.
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity