A prestigious investment company based in London is seeking a tax specialist to join the Operations Department as it takes on exciting projects across the Europe.
In conjunction with the Legal, Investment and Operation team, to assist tax manager to provide quality and timely tax advisory services in relation to direct investments (during the acquisition, asset management and disposal phase of the investment cycle), to coordinate strategic tax initiatives for all investments across Europe, and to comply with the group tax policy and maintain an acceptable level of tax risk.
- Assist tax manager to provide tax advice and lead on M&A projects
- Assist tax manager to manage correspondence and potential disputes with the relevant tax authority in conjunction with external advisers
- Assist tax manager in managing and coordinating the timely tax advice on enquires raised by other teams
- Assist tax manager to liaise and communicate with relevant tax authorities or external tax advisors where necessary
- Assist tax manager to evaluate tax risks, balance risk with business objectives and make recommendations that are objective, practical and technically appropriate in support of business objectives
- Assist tax manager to draft required tax report and communicate with HQ where necessary
- Manage the SPV’s tax compliance issues, ensure tax filing and compliance are met and in good order on a daily basis
- Assist tax manager with other general tax related works where necessary
- Minimum 3 years tax work experiences in an accounting or law firm, or in the industry
- Adequate knowledge and relevant experiences of international tax
- Adequate knowledge of Transfer Pricing and practical experience
- A thorough knowledge and experiences of corporation tax related issues
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal inter-personal/communication skills
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude and approach with strong team working/collaboration
- Willingness to take ownership and work in a 'hands on' environment
- Confident and articulate team player who demonstrates a high level of initiative and good lateral thinking skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines
- Competence of drafting formal tax report in Chinese is preferable
- Bachelor/Post Graduate degree in Taxation or Accounting, and
- Qualified or partial qualified UK tax advisor is preferred
Job Description will be reviewed and amended accordingly subject to the development of the business.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.