About the team
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join the successful and growing Midlands team concentrating predominantly on the Listed and Inbound segments.
Our aim is, seamless client service, from complex tax advice to compliance, often as a "Trusted Advisor" to our clients. The vast majority of our compliance work is managed by dedicated compliance teams across the UK and therefore we offer exposure to a high standard of advisory work on a varied portfolio with great opportunities for career advancement. As a Senior Manager you are expected to lead client relationships and your delivery teams.
About the role
The successful candidate will have day-to-day responsibility for managing on-going client relationships, winning and developing work across all aspects of tax as well as undertaking one-off advisory projects.
You will work as part of a number of client service teams and have responsibility for managing and developing more junior members of staff.
Our focus is on quality business advice so in addition to providing Tax advice you will seek to develop opportunities for other parts of the PwC business bringing in other specialists and services as appropriate.
You will be given the opportunity to work closely with specialists in particular areas such as international structuring, research and development and transfer pricing.
The successful candidate will have a strong UK tax knowledge, combined with the proven ability to provide a commercial tax service to our clients and experience of leading teams of highly motivated people.
Core responsibilities :
- Provide advice in a variety of scenarios including UK and international corporate structuring, deals, reorganisations and wider strategic corporate tax advice.
- Lead client relationships and develop additional opportunities from those relationships.
- Understand your client’s business, provide a commercial perspective on what they aim to do and look to develop opportunities for other parts of PwC.
- Support business development efforts to advertise our services and secure new clients.
- You may become involved in tax compliance and audit work, although this is not a primary component of the role, with support provided by specialist compliance teams.
Essential skills and experience
- ACA/CTA (or similar) qualification.
- Breadth of corporate tax knowledge and ability to lead client relationships
- Experienced in being out in the market in direct contact with clients and contacts
- Experience of working with a wide variety of clients
- Passion for client service
- Strong financial management and commercial awareness
- A self-starter who has experience of managing and coaching junior team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (ability to communicate with non-tax specialists is crucial)
- Able to prioritise workloads efficiently to cope with high volumes of work to deadlines and meet the changing needs of clients
- A team player prepared to assist colleagues to maintain the teams’ excellent service to clients at all times
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity